Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Louis E Costello has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
The first 8 years I went there, I actually saw Dr. Costello himself, which wasn't bad. But for the last 7 years, they've had me seeing a very unqualified Nurse practitioner, who's not interested in what you have to say, just answering yes or no questions. He's negative about everything, including my choice of career. Usually when I leave appointments, I'm more annoyed than anything. I've dealt with it because it's a real pain to change psychiatrists these days, but now they've hit a new low. THEY TALKED ME INTO DOING THE PRELIMINARY DNA TESTING FOR TMS THERAPY (MAGNETIC CHAIR). THEY SAID I'D BE CHARGED NOTHING FOR THIS AND FOR JUST SWABBING MY CHEEK WITH A Q-TIP THEY BILLED MY INSURANCE COMPANY $8000 DOLLARS! That is not a misprint. I typed and meant EIGHT THOUSAND dollars. For a swab of my cheek! My insurance company refuses to pay the whole thing, so I'm now out of pocket 3K. I've had it with this office. DO NOT GO THERE!
I came in looking forward to my visit and greeted by a very courteous and professional staff. After meeting the doctor himself, I was very unhappy with the experience. He did not seem to have any desire to hear anything more than yes or no answers from me about my extensive psychological past. He spent the entire first hour of evaluation as what felt more like being interrogated and put down. Throughout the visit, he rarely looked at me, and repeatedly raised his hand in the air as if to stop me from what I was saying and discount my feelings. I do not plan to go back here.
27 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Louis E Costello accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAgape Mind Services, 2820 Village Pkwy Ste 620, Lewisville, TX
Dr. Louis E Costello is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lewisville, TX.