Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Louis E Cunningham has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Louis E Cunningham has the following 15 expertise
- Chest Pain
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Shortness of Breath
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Exercise Stress Test
- Nuclear Stress Test
- High Blood Pressure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Cardiac Ultrasound
Dr. Louis E Cunningham has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 11
I went to Dr. Cunningham with light chest pains. As a relatively young woman, he did all the appropriate tests and then followed up in a timely fashion. What I find most striking is that he heard about a family health issue and followed up with me several times to insure that I don't have the same issue. He has stayed after me for six years now to make sure that I don't have the same outsomes as my siblings. I have found him to be an incredibly caring and sensitive doctor. He has a remarkable ability to discern the difference between a true sickness and stress and handles it so delicately. I would recommend Dr. Cunningham to anyone!
I have found MSHC to be the place where a person wants to go. Dr. Cunningham is very pleasant and smart. He is the doctor you want to make the call on your health. He thinks before he speaks and is very accurate on his decision. He may not be the doctor to laugh and joke with you, because thats not his personality. When he is in the office, its business. He welcomes no outside talking about his personal life. I respect him for that. When he is out in the public, he's kind, polite and offer his kindness toward you.I like him and i he has been an inspiration in my life with my health. The office staff is also very helpful in answering questions as well.I rate him a true 10!! I want a doctor that knows his field, not somebody who laughs and jokes with me, my health is important, so Dr. Cunningham is the doctor for me.
I found that Dr. Louis Cunningham and his NP Janie to be of no help. They seem more intressed in helping insurance companies and refuse to help anyone with a disablity or even the disablity process with an insurance company or with SSI. His nurse is RUDE and will tell you they are not going to HELP you and will hangup on you. JMO I would never go here looking for help, I went because another doctor could not find the problem and heard Dr.Cunningham and office was good WHAT A MISTAKE.
Dr. Cunningham is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1979
G W Hubbard Hospital Meharry College
Dr. Louis E Cunningham accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMid South Heart Center Pc, 48 Medical Center Dr, Jackson, TN
Dr. Louis E Cunningham is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jackson, TN.