Dr. Louis Dalaveris Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Louis Dalaveris?

This doctor has no business in medicine

I am thoroughly ashamed that our current healthcare system has allowed this man to operate and survive as a working doctor. Louis Dalaveris refused patient care to me under the impression that my insurance would not cover his payment. This was not the case and he was severely misinformed. I came to his office with an appointment already made and the first thing he asked me upon walking in was for my insurance card (oddly enough he did not even have an operating office or administrative staff). I happily gave it to him and after reading it over he made the judgement that he was not covered under my insurance. I had just spent time on the phone with my insurance company making sure that he was indeed covered and that I did not need a referral to see him. He refused me anyway so I promptly called my insurance company to put him on the phone with them to receive verification. He then proceeded to notify me that he would need written verification and that he did not have an email address so it would need to be faxed to him. As my insurance company was putting me on hold to follow through with this already ridiculous medial task he was demanding, he strolled back into the office and told me, "come one let's get up, I'm going to need you to leave and go to the emergency room." After a series of back and forth arguments and even after placing him on the phone with my insurance company, he would not listen and physically pushed his office door closed on my foot. I am filing a complaint with the State of New York for patient refusal of care under the discretion of this doctor and my insurance company is on the phone with him as we speak demanding answers as to why I was refused care. This man cares about nothing more than being paid for his apparently subpar (after reading other reviews) of his work. In fact, even while I was in his office I had to tell him to "please help your other patient" who had been waiting on him instead of negotiating with me further. Please BEWARE of this doctor. I would not wish him upon my worst enemy. He is a subhuman if nothing else.

Doctor never showed up to my appointment. Waited for him to return from lunch over 20 min and left. Never go there. Absolutely unprofessional

July 2015 Appointment

It was more like walking into a department store where the salesperson is just trying to push you to buy something. He wanted to bill my medical insurance for the visit even when I told him that my eye exam is covered under my eye insurance; if he bills my medical I’m going to have to pay out of pocket. He said my eye insurance doesn’t cover his examination and I should just go to a store and have them check my glasses instead. I mentioned to him that he actually examined me twice under my eye insurance in 2013 and 2014 to which he said that I need to do some tests (vision test) I mentioned that he told me last year that these exams are needed once every 2-3 years only. After a lot of back and forth he said ok; let's take a look. I sat on the chair and he started looking at my glasses just to turns around and tells me that he can't see me and I should come back in September. I honestly just felt that he wants to be able to bill me for certain thing and if I'm not going to let him do so there's no way he was doing any examination. Too bad because he didn’t seem that bad in my first short visit.

I made the appointment and arrived 15 minutes early. I drove to Astoria despite the conditions from yesterday's snow storm bathe doctor was not in. Neither his office nor his service called to cancel. Nice customer service, right? Looking for a new ophthalmologist.

Exellant knowledgeable and courteous doctor

This was my first time with Dr. Dalaveris. He did different tests and a thorough exam on eyes. He patiently listened to my questions and concerns and explained the test results and answered my questions to my full satisfaction. He was knowledgeable, caring and courteous and spent enough time with me. His staff was courteous and friendly too. I highly recommend this ophthalmologist.

Excellent Caring Physician

I think Dr. Delaveris is a highly competent, very smart, very caring and knowledgeable ophthalmologist. He does a very thorough exam and explains anything he finds very carefully in simple terms. He takes his time, doesn't run a patient mill, and is friendly and makes sure you know he can be reached at any time for follow up.

Dr Dalaveris is very cantankerous

I have a repeat stye in my left eyelid. Both my Primary and Dermatologist recommended I see an Opthamologist to burn or remove the small bump on the tip of my eye lid. Dr Dalaveris came up on an Insurance search and when I called him he was immediately argumentative about not being able to do any proceedures from the get go. He claimed I had to see him and if he felt the need to do a proceedure he did that at the Hospital. I made an appointment and when I finally saw him he wanted to put me through an eye exam. I explained to him I had one done recently and the issue wasnt my vision it was the little node taht needed to be removed. He asked me to grab my bag and escorted me out of his office, and with a smile on his face. He was argumentative and didnt care about my needs at all. It was a total waste of my time, and I wish he would get in trouble for dismissing me like he did. I would NOT recommend him to my worst enemy!

Awful Receptionist

The receptionist turned away an entire family because she was too inept and too lazy to make a phone call to verify health insurance. The Doctor is more worried about getting paid than the oath he took when he became a doctor.

Avoid at all cost

I went to see Dr. Dalaveris when I could not make an appointment with my regular ophthalmologist. My eye exam was perfunctory and I felt I was being rushed. It turned out that Dr. D's prescription was off because my new eyeglasses were worse than my old ones. I ended up going to my regular ophthalmologist and he confirmed that Dr. D's prescription was wrong. I had to pay for four pairs of eyeglasses, not just two.