Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Louis Elsas II
Dr. Louis Elsas II, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Miami, FL, with another office in Miami, FL. He has 51 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Medical Genetics. Dr. Elsas is affiliated with Jackson Memorial Hospital, University of Miami Hospital & Clinics and Miami Children's Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Louis Elsas II has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Genetics
Geneticists are doctors with expertise in genetic or hereditary disorders. Many of the diseases we get are inherited, or passed on through the genes of our biological parents. These specialists study the biology behind a genetic disorder's origin, the traits that it presents in a patient and its pathway. This allows them to diagnose and treat each illness effectively.
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Genetic Disorders (Inborn Genetic Diseases)
- Growth Disorders
- Inherited Metabolism Diseases (Inborn Metabolism Errors)
- Malabsorption Syndromes
- Maple Syrup Urine Disease
- Mental Retardation
- Muscular Dystrophies
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Elsas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Jackson Memorial Hospital
University of Miami Hospital & Clinics
Miami Children's Hospital
Emory Univeristy Emeritus Professor
Yale University, Assistant ProfessorFaculty
University Of Miami Health CenterMedical Group
Emory Univ. Professor Of Pediatrics,Faculty
Childrens Healthcare at Egleston
Emory University Hospital
51 Years Experience
University of Virginia
Graduated in 1962
Dr. Louis Elsas II accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Louis Elsas II is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.