Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Louis F Fabre Jr has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 57
My son is a patient of Dr. Fabre. He has been the best thing that has happened to our family. We were desperate when we first came to see him. He was able to finally give us an accurate diagnosis and help us with medication. He never stops working with us. He is the best on medication distribution and is straight to the point. What he might lack in bedside manner he makes up for in knowledge and professionalism. By the time we saw him I just wanted to know the truth. I don't need all the frills just the truth and help. He gave us both and finally I have the son I always knew was in there. Thank you Dr. Fabre.
This doc knows his stuff. If you've been from doctor to doctor looking for the right combination of meds to help you through whatever your psychiatric problem is, then this is the man to have on your side. I wish I had met him 15 years ago. He's no-nonsense and to-the-point. You can be in and out of a follow-up appointment in under 5 minutes (if nothing new is going on with you). He may come across a little gruff but he really does care about his patients. He doesn't "make up" stupid appointments for you to come in just so he'll make more money. The office where he resides has horrible clerical staff but don't let that dissuade you. He's worth the drive and the wait.
- Baylor College Of Medicine
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Louis F Fabre Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - Innovative Health
- Imagine Health Innovative Health
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Louis F Fabre Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.