Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Louis Filippone has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Louis Filippone has the following 3 expertise
Dr. Louis Filippone is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I was seen by Dr. Filippone in the emergency room at St. Catherine's Hospital. I had been sick for several months and the night that I was admitted to the hospital, I'd lost consciousness as a result of weakness due to extended illness. When I was seen by Dr. Filippone, his visit was brief and rude. I suggested that I might be immunocompromized. He did nothing to investigate this. He simply checked that my vitals were stable and then discharged me. He actually laughed at my suggestion of immunocompromization. When I went to my primary care doctor a few days later, she probed the issue a bit deeper. It turns out that I was immunocompromized due to steroid medication I was on. After weening off the steroids, I was finally able to begin healing from my extended illness.Dr. Filippone did a horrible job by not even looking into a diagnosis for me. What's worse is that I received a bill for his inadequate services over a year and a half after I was seen by him!!! I do not under any circumstances recommend this doctor. What I do recommend is checking that any ER doctor you are seen by participates in your insurance plan, not just the hospital. That way you won't get screwed by the doctor a year and half later.
Dr. Filippone is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsCitymd, 6500 Jericho Tpke Ste 23A, Commack, NY
Dr. Louis Filippone is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Commack, NY.