Dr. Louis G Gelrud Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Louis G Gelrud?

he is quick to get you into a endoscopy/colonoscopy if he suspects anything. I am not sure how he follows up quite yet....my problem still exists but he claims no big nasties were present.

great doctor

you know, the trouble with reviews is only the unhappy people post them. i have had two colonoscopys done by this doctor. he is wonderful, caring, and i have not one complaint. you couldn't be in better hands..

Excellent and caring doctor. When I had an insurance issue with a colonoscopy at one office, he immediately rescheduled me at another facility and saw me there one hour later. He was thorough and explained my cancer to us with great care.

Stay Away!

I went to see this doctor for extreme acid reflux. He told me to take Prilosec and immediately scheduled a colonoscopy. I later needed an outpatient procedure and was told by his P.A. that I had to schedule it through their "concierge", who had an unprofessional attitude and usually gave me wrong information, scheduled me for the wrong facility, etc. If I called the office to bypass the "concierge", the P.A. would tell me "You'll just have to go to the ER".No concern, no urgency, no followup by Dr. Gelrud. If you want a diagnosis, you won't find it here.

I would not recommend anyone to go see this doctor. He is uncaring, unprofessional, untimely, and just plain rude. After putting me through a year of round about tests and discriminating against me because of my age and gender, I finally had to beg him to do the one test I knew I needed. And then even with the biopsy results and report from another doctor right in front of his face, he refused to treat it and said I should look into seeing other GI doctors.

Took 3 days phone tag to get an appt for 2 1/2 weeks later. Waited 1 hr 20 min before I saw him and I told him- then he asked me what I had! He never looked at the report of my CT scan and lab work. Then found them and just scheduled a colonoscopy- what a pain in the butt- ha! I am going to find someone else.

Love this doctor!

Dr. Gelrud is the second GI I have seen in Richmond. I picked him because he was listed in Richmond Magazine as a "Top Doc." I am so used to giving nurses my medical history and then the doctor coming in for a brief check. Not Dr. Gelrud. He was unusual in how in depth he went into the history of my pain. I really felt like he would have a true picture of my illness because he actually took the time to listen to the whole story. I thought he was fantastic. Sweet, caring man.

long wait in waiting room, did not listen to problems or history, only wanted to input into laptop and rush to schedule a colonoscopy that he told me in ex room wasn't necessary yet.

No bedside manner, Unprofessional

Dr. Gelrud was not interested in hearing my medical history, gave me an incorrect diagnosis, and charted incorrect information on my chart. He was ineffective, rude, dismissive and uninterested. I would not reccommend seeing this physician for anything more complicated than acid reflux.

Dr. Louis G Gelrud is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.