Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Louis C Johnson III has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Eating Disorders
- Kidney Disease
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Back Pain
- Parkinson Disease
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Holter monitoring
- Urinary Incontinence
- Eye Infections
- Breast Cancer
- Personality Disorders
- Colon Cancer
- Neck Pain
- Chronic Illness
- Male Circumcision
- Pelvic Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Sports Medicine
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Adolescent Medicine
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Genetic Counseling
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Bereavement/Traumatic Grief
- Skin Cancer
- Weight Loss
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Family Counseling
- Diabetic Foot
- Physical Therapy Modalities
- Stress Testing
- Artificial Insemination
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Crisis Intervention
- Critical Care
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Psychosomatic Medicine
- Marital Counseling
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 69
Been with Dr Johnson for many years - he is very sharp and genuinely cares about your health - very pleased with the service and care
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2016, 2009, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
28 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Louis C Johnson III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFrist Clinic, 2400 Patterson St Ste 400, Nashville, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Louis C Johnson III in this video.
Dr. Louis C Johnson III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.