Dr. Louis Kapner Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Louis Kapner?

Open-minded, Interested, and Caring

Posted on October 23rd, 2010

My family has gone to Dr Kapner for over 25 years. His "bedside" manner is very good, he never seems to be rushing to the next patient. He pays attention to more than your symptoms, and understands that what is happening in your life affects your health too. He asks the appropriate questions to diagnose problems and gives sensible advice.When the problem is not obvious, he is always willing to entertain your theory of what is wrong and what you think might be relevant, then works with you to find something that helps. If he has a fault, he is perhaps too willing to ask you what you would like to do, but that is sometimes just what is needed - many doctors rely too much on drugs or technology and give you no options.I find that I spend more time in the waiting room than I would like, but I rarely plan ahead for an appointment and generally need to be "fit in", so that is to be expected. The staff does try to be accommodating.

I should have taken my child to an actual pediatrician instead

Posted on July 26th, 2009

I took my son to Dr. Kapner and regret it. He reassured me about my son's speech when I had mentioned aspects of my son's development that should have been obvious red flags. My son was diagnosed with severe speech delay along wih other delays and sensory processing disorder after I called early intervention my self months later. He was also very unhelpful with advice regarding temper tantrums. Additionally, the severity of the tantrums he himself witnessed durring our appt. and the symptoms I described clearly should have warrented him suggesting having my son evaluated for developmental problems. Had he suggested an evaluation my child would have begun therapies months sooner then he did. Also, Dr. Kapner told me to give my son children's cough medicine when he is only 2 (not the FDA recommended 6 years of age). I feel that Dr. Kapner lacks the knowledge level of a good pediatrician regarding child development and health. I am sure he is perfectly fine as a doctor of adults, but not for children.

Posted on November 3rd, 2016