Dr. Louis Kopolow Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Louis Kopolow?

This guy is crooked

Posted on August 20th, 2017

Do not get advice from the fraud for a doctor. Lazy, indolent, outdated practice, reprehensible ethics.

Unprofessional

Posted on August 7th, 2017

Seemed distracted, aloof

Posted on January 13th, 2015

Dr. Kopolow is in my experience the best psychiatrist in this area. He educates patients about their medications, and is always willing to adjust dosages or recommend alternative medications. His med groups help patients learn about various medications, their benefits and pitfalls. He encourages patients to be good medical consumers.

His med's gave me a nervous breakdown

Posted on February 16th, 2012

Dr. Kopolow kept giving me anti-depressants instead of being using the right meds. I was with Dr. K for two years and the meds were a nightmare. The last time I saw him I was almost in the fetal position with panic and uncontrollable crying and he wanted to give me blood pressure medicine. He made sure he got his next appt with me, while I'm sobbing and he says, have a nice day. I drove straight to Dr. Melinda Wolf and in 24 hrs I felt like I was transform. She gave me the meds I needed immediately. As others have noted Dr. Kopolow wants another appt before you leave. He holds you to the "40" min. I wasted so much money using my 40 min to talk about meds... his rates are ridiculous. Sometimes I almost think my head was purposely spinning, so I'd be upset and be every week. I'm not sure if Dr. K helped me with my life because it was something I was working through already. I too was hospitalize because of a med problem, my husband called him several times and the hospital called him, no response. I wouldn't go back to Dr. Kopolow.

What do you want help or patronizing?

Posted on June 21st, 2011

Dr. Kopolow has been a good shrink for me. I came to him when I quit my addictions. Addicts are liars, manipulators and have no idea what "feelings" are. I didn't fool Dr. Kopolow. I couldn't manipulate him as I did so many other doctors. He has a wonderful sense of humor, relevant sayings or old sage wisdom.I've had a hard time justifying his fees as well. I struggle because he, as stated in other reviews, makes his terms clear and wants nothing to do with insurance. Then I waiver considering the progress I've made. Is it because I'm finally ready to listen or is he just that good? Dr. Kopolow is a very educated, intelligent man. He is very involved in his field and works very hard in and outside of his office.Does he insist that I keep my appointments, make more appointments and follow-up appointments ~ yes, sometimes so much so one would question his motives. After 2 years I've come to believe he certainly doesn't need the money, professionally he is sought after and as a caring doctor I truly believe he's my biggest cheerleader and has specific goals for my well-being.I have had communication breakdowns with his staff. Once I made them known they were corrected. Although I don't believe its entirely the staff's fault. Dr. Kopolow's schedule is complex and sometimes mix-ups can't be avoided.Dr. Kopolow cares about me, I feel better when I leave his office, he makes me laugh all the time. He listens, he's professional and my professional rehab community loves him.The fee's are tough to swallow, trust me, but the clarity, confidence and love I feel for myself after seeing him is pretty much worth every dime.

Posted on January 28th, 2011

Dr. Kopolow is by far one of the most caring, sincere doctors I have ever gone to. He takes adequate time with me and if that means I have to wait 5 or 10 minutes in the waiting room I can only assume he is doing the same with another patient. He treats you as an individual even if your diagnosis is common. He is relaxed, yet confident. I trust his judgement on which medications he prescibes and how often I should see him. He is no novice to the field of psychiatry and I am lucky to have found him.

I recommend him to friends

Posted on January 28th, 2011

Dr. Kopolow is a knowledgeable and caring doctor. He asks me about what's going on in your life in general, not just how you're feeling when you see him.I've sent friends to him when I think they could use help and they aren't sure who to call.

MONEY HUNGRY DOCTOR

Posted on January 5th, 2011

ALTHOUGH HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR TO ANYONE. HE IS A GOOD DIAGNOSTICIAN; HOWEVER HIS CARE IN FOLLOWUP IS THAT FOR YOU TO MAKE MORE VISITS ONLY. HIS OFFICE STAFF MAKE MORE COMMUNICTION ERRORS AND THEN TRY TO BLAME THE PATIENT--ULITMATELY, THE COMMUNCIATION AMONGST THEMSELVES SHOW INADEQUACY AND LIES. CHECK OUT THE DOCTORS ASSOCITIONS WITH A PARTICULAR DRUG COMPANY AND ASK YOURSELF WHAT DRUG YOU ARE ON. SEEEMS THAT HE LIKES ROYALITIES WHEREEVER IT COMES FROM OR WHO...

does not return phone calls

Posted on November 23rd, 2010

Dr Kopolow patient for over 12 years,

Posted on August 5th, 2010

This man is a GOD to me! One of the most brilliant doctors out there! Never in my life have I met a smarter person when it comes to this topic. He changed my life for the better!!! After going to other doctors for 20 years, none could do for me what Doctor Kopolow could. He is 110% in everything he does!!!! His meds groups are the best and teach you so much about the best way to make your meds work for you. No other doctor has ever done this for me, nor have I heard of it. I would trust this man with my life, well, I actually already do.

greedy doctor

Posted on June 30th, 2010

he clearly defined the patient/doctor relationship with me. he used the term "consultant" to limit his responsiblity towards my treatment of care. i was hospitalized and he made no effort to contact the doctor in charge of my care. he's unsympathetic and i don't know how he sleeps at night. please do not go to this doctor under any circumstances unless you need a prescription for valium or you're just a bored housewife who needs happy pills. he's crock, a phony. if you need help desperately, or even suffer from moderate depression, do not see him.

Posted on April 5th, 2009

Very relaxed and un-doctor like