Dr. Louis Korman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Louis Korman?

Posted on November 7th, 2016

Prompt, thorough, not rushed

Posted on May 6th, 2016

A superb doctor.

Posted on December 12th, 2014

Everyone in the office welcomed us with a smile and a sign of recognition

Actions speak louder than words: His daughter went into practice him!

Posted on April 6th, 2012

I had an excellent gastroenterologist in Houston and then very bad experiences with ones at GW. I was referred to Dr. Korman by my primary care doctor who uses Korman for her GI problems. After 4 years of agony, Dr. Korman looked into my mouth and diagnosed the source of my pain: candida in my mouth causing burning mouth syndrome. No cure, but at least I had a name and knew I was not crazy. Many people committed suicide after years of burning mouth syndrome. They just couldn't take the unrelenting pain anymore and people looking at them as if they were crazy. He always makes time for me when I am feeling very bad because he knows I am not faking it. I am doubled over in agonizing pain. Why do I hurt, I ask Dr. Korman. He is strong enough to say, no one truly understands your condition, but you have plenty of reasons to hurt. Keep track of what helps and what doesn't help and we will go from there. He even gives me his private cell phone number to use in emergencies.His daughter puts the icing on the cake. She admires her dad so much that she went to med school and became a gastroenterologist like her dad and joined his practice. That speaks loudly about Dr. Louis Korman. He can't cure my illness but he helps me to learn to live with a smile on my face knowing I have a doctor who is always there for me.

Posted on December 28th, 2011

I have found Dr. Korman to be a caring, empathic, smart physician. I see him, myself, and I send my patients to him. It's hard to believe that someone with his skills accepts insurance. But, I appreciate it.

A short story

Posted on October 7th, 2011

We went to Dr. Korman after my husband, a colorectal cancer survivor, had several failed attempts at followup colonoscopies with another well-known GI doctor. Dr. Korman immediately knew what would be involved in achieving a successful prep for someone with extensive surgical damage and adhesions. When things still weren't quite "ready" on the scheduled day, Dr. Korman simply rescheduled for the following day (usually his day off) and said, "Keep prepping."But the most stunning moment came when, on the second morning, the phone rang. I picked up. "Hi, this is Dr. Korman. How is your husband doing?" When was the last time your CONCERNED DOCTOR CALLED YOU? He even dialed himself.'Nuff said.

He is terrific

Posted on May 18th, 2011

I've seen him for about 8 years. He found and removed a pre-cancerous pollop. I found him to be thoughtful, capable and attentive. A lovely person and a compassionate physician.

Where did he learn bedside manner?

Posted on October 14th, 2009

Started off appointment by saying he had a lot of patients to see....No compassion.

Superb service, concern, attentiveness, and obvious knowledge make up for lack of luxury in office

Posted on July 14th, 2009

Windowless, basement offices (called the "Terrace Level") and crowded waiting room did not bode well. However, staff was uniformly pleasant and attentive and Dr. Korman was courteous, clearly knowledgeable, and respectful of my time. The procedure (colonoscopy) was done quickly and efficiently - with no discomfort. Highly recommended - I just wish they would move to a higher floor!

Posted on August 15th, 2017