More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Louis M Mendelson
Dr. Louis M Mendelson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West Hartford, CT. His specialties include Allergy & Immunology, Pediatrics, Pediatric Allergy & Immunology and Clinical & Laboratory Immunology. Dr. Mendelson is affiliated with Connecticut Childrens Medical Center and Manchester Memorial Hospital. Dr. Mendelson has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Louis M Mendelson has the following 4 specialties
- Allergy & Immunology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Allergy & Immunology
- Clinical & Laboratory Immunology
Dr. Louis M Mendelson has the following 5 expertise
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Drug Allergy
Dr. Louis M Mendelson is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Mendelsohn is the most caring, devoted and exceptional allergist. He treated both my daughter and myself. After years of aggravating and sometimes debilitating allergies he accurately diagnosed and we are thankful to have found him. We now live a much better life and I wouldn't hesitate to highly recommend him.
Dr. Mendelson is fantastic! My kids love him and I have friends that see him that feel the same way! My only complaint would be the wait time, but, how can you complain because he spends tons of time with me if I need him to! I'm sure I have caused him to be late with all my questions too! See him! He is the BEST!
I would rate Dr. Mendelson as one of the best doctors we have ever encountered. He is extremely knowledgable, spends time with our family, and makes my daughter feel extremely comfortable. He keeps us informed on the latest available info and always provides a lot of time for questions. He never makes me feel like he is rushing us out. He has also done personal follow-ups by calling us at home as we had discussed during our appointment. I would highly recommend Dr. Mendelson.
Not a huge fan of the office staff or the amount of time that I wait at almost every appointment but Dr. Mendelson is phenomenal. He is extremely caring and very willing to work with you to solve any problems. He spent as much time with you as needed (which is probably why the wait time is often so long as he is spending additional time than expected with other patients). It is hard to get an appointment with him for the first time but once you have a first appointment it is easy to get additional appointments.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Mendelson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Louis M Mendelson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsConnecticut Asthma Allergy Center, 836 Farmington Ave Ste 207, West Hartford, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Louis M Mendelson in this video.
Dr. Louis M Mendelson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Hartford, CT.