Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Louis B Meyers has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 11
This place is unbelievable. I have never had a good experience here. I've never had a wait time of less than one hour past my scheduled appt, and my average face time with Dr. Meyers is about 5 min. The office staff do not call me back when I leave a message during business hours that I need to schedule an appt, and I have been misinformed by staff members of scheduling procedures for basic in-office tests. I recently needed some testing done and was not told when the results would be in. When I called to find out when the results would be ready, they informed me that the they were on my chart and that Dr. Meyers would call me about them that day. I waited all day, calling back every few hours to see if I could receive my results, and they were never given to me. The staff wouldn't tell me what they were over the phone, and Dr. Meyers never called me. I'm still waiting...
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2010, 2012, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
25 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1993
St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital Center
Dr. Louis B Meyers accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Empire PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRutland Regional Medical Center, 160 Allen St, Rutland, VT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Louis B Meyers in this video.
Dr. Louis B Meyers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rutland, VT.