Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Louis H Millman
Dr. Louis H Millman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Millman is affiliated with Fairview Ridges Hospital, Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital and St Francis Regional Medical Center Urgent Care. Dr. Millman has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Louis H Millman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Louis H Millman has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Louis H Millman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 7
Self-verified patient of Dr. Louis H Millman - Posted on August 25th, 2009
Self-verified patient of Dr. Louis H Millman - Posted on April 30th, 2009
A doctor who doesn't waste my time
Self-verified patient of Dr. Louis H Millman - Posted on June 10th, 2008
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2014, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Millman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1986
University Of Minnesota Health Care System
Dr. Louis H Millman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Medica ParkNicollet First
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Louis H Millman
I enjoy taking care of adults with a wide range of medical problems. In addition, I have advanced training and a special interest in treating high blood pressure and kidney disease. I believe that the highest quality medical care is delivered when people make their own decisions regarding their treatment options. My goal is to provide patients with the information and advice necessary to make informed decisions about their health care.
Locations & DirectionsPARK NICOLLET CLINIC GOLDEN VALLEY, 8240 Golden Valley Rd, Minneapolis, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Louis H Millman, MD - Internal Medicine in Minneapolis, MN, in this video.
Dr. Louis H Millman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.