Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Louis A Salas MD
Dr. Louis A Salas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Catonsville, MD, with another office in Catonsville, MD. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Salas is affiliated with HOWARD COUNTY GENERAL HOSPITAL Pharmacy. He speaks English.
Dr. Louis A Salas has 2 locations
700 Geipe Rd Ste 220
Catonsville, MD 21228
Book Online Now
Dr. Louis A Salas has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Louis A Salas has the following 10 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Salas is amazing
Self-verified patient of Dr. Louis A Salas - Posted on January 8th, 2019
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Salas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Universidad Central Del Caribe
Graduated in 1987
St Agnes Hospital Baltimore
Dr. Louis A Salas Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Louis A Salas
has been in private practice since 1992 and joined Digestive Disease Associates (DDA) in 1996. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from Loyola College in Baltimore and his medical degree from the Universidad Central Del Caribe School of Medicine in Cayey, Puerto Rico. He was an assistant resident at St. Agnes Hospital in the Department of Internal Medicine and a senior resident at the George Washington University Hospital. Dr. Salas performed his fellowship training in gastroenterology at The Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center and is a clinical instructor of gastroenterology fellows at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center and an instructor of medicine at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Dr. Salas is board certified in gastroenterology and the Medical Director of the Gastrointestinal Diagnostic Center of Catonsville.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Louis A Salas, MD - Gastroenterology in Catonsville, MD, in this video.
Dr. Louis A Salas is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Catonsville, MD.