Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Louis M Schlickman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 16
Fantastic experience. Dr. Schlickman was very professional and put me at ease right from the start. I felt he was truly interested in my health, going beyond the norm to figure out the right approach for my issues. This kind and caring atmosphere was echoed throughout the entire office by all the wonderful staff. I feel very confident that I’m being well taken care of. Thank you.
We used Dr. Schlickman to help my mother-in-law with several health issues. He took more than a hour with her during her initial visit to get to the underlying causes of her aches and pains. After getting several tests done he again spent time with her and my wife going over the findings, the medications she was taking, what changes he thought should be undertaken, the effects of the medicines and their side effects as well. He did not bypass my mother-in-law because of her age but engaged her fully in the analysis and the conversation about her health. We are extremely pleased with his professional manner, the time he took to get everything analyzed and taken care of and the fact that she now feels better than she has for years previous to visiting with him. I only rated him a bit lower on follow up as my mother-in-law has now moved from the area and so is unable to visit with him further. Our loss.
I have seen him now three times and absolutely everytime I am in there, he is fantastic. I also appreciate that his staff is so nice and caring. You can tell this is an extremely well organized and happy office. I have seen several doctors over the years and I would say without hesitation that this is the place to go if you need answers and want to be treated like a human and not a number.
26 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Louis M Schlickman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross Idaho
- Blue Cross ID PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Moda Health Connexus
Regence Health Plans
- Regence ID Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Louis M Schlickman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Eagle, ID.