Dr. Louis H Weimer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Louis H Weimer?

Office visit with Dr. Weimer for Charcot Marie Tooth

I am a 65 year-old physician who recently developed symptoms and signs of peripheral neuropathy. Dr. Weimer performed a history and physical, and an EMG-NCV exam, and diagnosed Charcot Marie Tooth disorder, a genetic neuropathy. I felt he was thorough, compassionate, and spent enough time with me to learn about my symptoms and physical findings. Other doctors had been baffled by my disease, including a neurology professor at University of Chicago, and several physicians in my community. I highly recommend Dr. Weimer to anybody suffering from peripheral neuropathy who wants an accurate diagnosis, and correct treatment.

For Peripheral Neuropathy you need a doctor who listens

Great with communication. I have idiopathic neuropathy and it is very frustrating to me and other doctors when cause can't be found. More than pain from PN I am having trouble with crashing fatigue. His interest in autonomic disorders so I am going for a battery of tests to figure out if BP fluctuations causing this. I feel like he has a plan for me.. laid everything out, what drugs might help. Dr Weimer is one of the few doctors out of many I have seen in months that really is there for me.

Disappointment

I was not the patient today but was the person that recommended the Neurological Institute. I have a son that Dr.Darryl DeVivo treated back in the 1990's. Excellent Dr. that gave my son the opportuntity for a new life by brain surgery after exhausting all means. I am not unfamiliar with dealing with neurological issues but do know when a Dr. is not prepared for a visit and sends in an intern to cover when he is actually running behind schedule. That is exactly what happened today. My future daughter-in-law has autonomic issues. An MRI was scheduled and completed today . We drove over three hours to this appointment and was told the Dr. would be prepared to discuss the MRI. The appointment time was 1 and he did not come in to see her until probably 1:40. Even that is not the issue . He sent another Dr. in to review her history which actually made no difference to her appointment . It was a filler due to him running behind schedule. Which again I do not care about but be prepared for your patient. He provided little information , mentioned a few medications which she had already tried and offered little other advice but continue with exercise. See you in a year. How frustrating. Why not do a phone conference if there is nothing to offer. Again, I am not your typical support person. I have sat years in hospitals and dealt with all kinds of Dr.'s. I expect more from my physician . I know and understand that there are some diseases that are difficult to treat. I had 15 years of waiting. Not that Dr. Weimar is not unsympathetic but my first impression was that he had nothing to offer. I expect more from and have had more from this facility.

Dr. Louis H Weimer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.