Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Louisa Kalsner has the following 2 specialties
- Child Neurology
Pediatric neurologists diagnose neurological conditions in children as young as newborn, all the way up to adolescence. They can recommend treatment for sleep disorders, head injuries and headaches, but they also specialize in issues such as epilepsy, seizures and brain tumors.
Their expertise in childhood development and the nervous system make them an excellent resource for parents of children with autism, cerebral palsy, mental development issues or learning disabilities. You can consult with a pediatric neurologist before, during and after diagnosis depending on your child's specific condition and needs.
- Medical Genetics
Geneticists are doctors with expertise in genetic or hereditary disorders. Many of the diseases we get are inherited, or passed on through the genes of our biological parents. These specialists study the biology behind a genetic disorder's origin, the traits that it presents in a patient and its pathway. This allows them to diagnose and treat each illness effectively.
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Mitochondrial Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
At our first apt. she seemed caring and concerned. Our 2nd apt. was much different, and even with witness's to my sons episodes, she said he was normal. She did not listen well, and repeated statements back to me incorrectly often minimilizing the details. After reviewing symptoms with several parents of children with epilepsy we are seeking a 2nd opinion out of Vermont. I wholeheartedly agree with the comment about the "buddy buddy" doctor system here, it does not work in favor of the patient and we have had similiar experienes in other fields of expertise.
I don't even want to write about why we have such a bad experience with Dr. Kalsner because my child's condition requires a neurologist and we are now aware of the "buddy buddy" doctors club that happens and HATE going back there. The down fall of only having 2 children's neurologists in Vermont and both work in the same office. All I will say is she is very nice and sweet in the beginning...and accomodating...but DOES NOT explain anything accuratly and waited a very long time before she feelt she needs to test for anything. Then doesn't want you to worry and gives you false information instead of a full explination leving you more worried and confused.Met some other parents who took their children out and went to Dartmouth for very similar reasons. Found this site in searching to see if another neurologist for kids were in vt
Dr. Kalsner's accurate and precise diagnosis helped us finally figure out what was wrong with our son. Her bedside manner was just wonderful. She really put us at ease. She is a very caring and compassionate doctor.
Dr. Kalsner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mhhs Hermann Hospital
Fletcher Allen Healthcare
22 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Louisa Kalsner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCONNECTICUT CHILDRENS MEDICAL CENTER, 282 Washington St, Hartford, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Louisa Kalsner in this video.
Dr. Louisa Kalsner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hartford, CT.