Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Louise A Ruva MD
Dr. Louise A Ruva, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Detroit, MI. She has 16 years of experience. Her specialties include Hospice and Palliative Medicine and Family Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Louise A Ruva has the following 2 specialties
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Hospice care & Palliative medicine specialists focus their practice on pain management, symptom relief and qualify-of-life treatments to relieve the suffering of terminally ill patients. These doctors have specialized expertise in the treatment of patients with serious illnesses, advanced diseases and conditions resulting from catastrophic injury. Though often they work within hospice settings, they prevent and alleviate suffering appropriate at any age and stage of disease and can work alongside practitioners providing curative treatments.
Hospice care & Palliative medicine focuses on depression, pain, fatigue, constipation, nausea, shortness of breath, loss of appetite and difficulty sleeping, among other conditions. They also alleviate psychosocial distress and other stressors that accompany terminal illnesses. They are skilled in guiding families through legal and ethical decision-making in end-of-life care and can address spiritual issues at these times. By coordinating care across settings by improving communication among providers, they improve access to information for families so that they understand the patient's condition and treatment options.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Louise A Ruva - Posted on September 21st, 2013
Do Not See This Doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Louise A Ruva - Posted on March 23rd, 2011
I have had the same doctor for many years and after moving, I went to see Dr. Ruva in an urgent care. I have never in my entire life been in more of an unprofessional situation. She came in, talked VERY rude to me, asked me questions that had nothing to do with why I was there. NEVER brought up why I came in, just went onto a rant about completely situations. She had no bedside manner, left me humiliated and in tears, I barged out without paying and filed an official complaint with the head doctor. DO NOT go to this doctor
Poor interpersonal skills. Unsure of herself. Poor assessment skills.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Louise A Ruva - Posted on December 29th, 2010
16 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Providence Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Louise A Ruva Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Louise A Ruva's office for more information.
1150 Griswold St Detroit, MI : (313) 962-2040
Locations & DirectionsLOUISE ANNE RUVA MD, 1150 Griswold St, Detroit, MI
Dr. Louise A Ruva is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Detroit, MI.