Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Lourdes Aguayo-Figueroa MD, APRN
Lourdes Aguayo-Figueroa, MD, APRN is a Doctor primarily located in Passaic, NJ, with other offices in Passaic, NJ and Bronx, NY . She has 12 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics and Pediatric Endocrinology. Lourdes Aguayo-Figueroa is affiliated with St. Joseph'S Regional Medical Center. She speaks English.
Lourdes Aguayo-Figueroa has 3 locations
298 Passaic Ave
Passaic, NJ 07055
2869 Grand Concourse
Bronx, NY 10468
Book Online Now
Lourdes Aguayo-Figueroa has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Endocrinology
Endocrinologists treat disorders related to our glands and the hormones they produce. Because hormones play a key role in the growth and development of children, these conditions often pose different threats to children than they do adults. That’s where a pediatric endocrinologist comes in.
They can diagnose and treat hormonal disorders such as abnormal thyroid function, growth complications and early or delayed puberty. Ambiguous genitals as well as ovarian and testicular dysfunction are also part of their expertise. Childhood obesity, diabetes and problems with low blood sugar also tie back to hormone function and may require consulting with a pediatric endocrinologist.
Lourdes Aguayo-Figueroa has the following 4 expertise
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
Lourdes Aguayo-Figueroa is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Patient-Centered Medical Home (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into "what patients want it to be." Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Physician Office Systems Recognition Program (2016, 2017, 2018)
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office processes to reduce errors and increase quality.
Aguayo-Figueroa is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. Joseph'S Regional Medical Center
12 Years Experience
University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Lourdes Aguayo-Figueroa Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Lourdes Aguayo-Figueroa's office for more information.
298 Passaic St Passaic, NJ : (973) 249-8100
298 Passaic Ave Passaic, NJ 07055
2869 Grand Concourse Bronx, NY 10468
Locations & Directions
Lourdes Aguayo-Figueroa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Passaic, NJ.