Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lourdes B Hunter has the following 1 specialty
- Allergy & Immunology
- Watery Eyes
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Hay Fever
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergies
Showing 5 of 30
The following has been my experience and I am offering my opinion regarding the Frederick Allergy & Asthma Center in Frederick, Maryland. I hope that I can save other people time, money and frustration by writing this review. I wish I had read this provider’s reviews before I went there. Even if you choose a provider who is “in-network” with your insurance company, you could still be responsible for an amount over and above your co-pay. If a provider has a contract with an insurance company, the provider and the insurance company negotiate an allowed amount for each service. If your provider is truly looking out for the patient’s health and not necessarily their bottom-line, they will not go over the negotiated amount. After I first consulted with my insurance company to make sure the Frederick Allergy & Asthma Center was in-network, I had an initial consultation with the doctor. At this appointment I was given instructions regarding the serum regiment and how my insurance worked with the regiment. I was informed that I was responsible only for my co-pay; everything else would be covered by my insurance. I then signed the form trusting this provider. After only two visits, I received a bill for $1,500. The office produced double the serum that my insurance company and the provider agreed upon. When I initially contacted my insurance company, I was told by numerous people that we were “balance billed” and we weren’t responsible for the $1,500. This led to many unreturned phone calls (I left voicemails) to the Allergist’s billing office. I finally spoke to the receptionist who told me they hadn’t received any of our voicemails (not true – I have the Verizon bill with the date, time and total time of call). She also told me that they would take the $1,500 directly out of our bank account. I immediately contacted my bank and froze the account. In the meantime, the insurance company conducted an investigation and changed their stance on the responsibility of the overproduction of the serum; because I had signed the form, I was responsible for the bill. Things then went from bad to worse. When I called the provider and asked to set up monthly billing, I was instructed that I’d have to go into the office and sign paperwork. When I asked what they deemed an appropriate amount per month, they told me that I’d have to pay $250 a month and that if the bill wasn’t paid off in six months, they would turn me over to a collection’s attorney. I asked for a lesser amount per month and they stuck with the $250/six month rule. This communication was all done through the front desk woman (who was extremely hostile and dismissing). The billing person (who is also the office supervisor) never did call me back. Bottom line: This office is not there for their patients, it’s purely a money making business. I believe they purposefully offer very little and confusing communication. I have been to plenty of doctor’s offices over the years and can honestly say I’ve never encountered the hostility and unprofessionalism that this office has demonstrated. Reviews on other sites show a clear pattern of patient mistreatment.
Dr. Hunter has a horrible bedside manner, is very condescending and does not think of her patients overall well-being. Their billing staff is not knowledgeable and she she cannot keep a steady group of employees either. It takes a lot for me to be fed up but I have finally transferred my son's care out of that office after dealing with several issues there.
22 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Lourdes B Hunter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsLourdes Brigida Hunter Md, 201 Thomas Johnson Dr Ste 104, Frederick, MD
Dr. Lourdes B Hunter is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Frederick, MD.