Dr. Lourdes Hunter Is this you?

1.9

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Lourdes Hunter?

Please Don't Bother!

Posted on June 22nd, 2017

The following has been my experience and I am offering my opinion regarding the Frederick Allergy & Asthma Center in Frederick, Maryland. I hope that I can save other people time, money and frustration by writing this review. I wish I had read this provider’s reviews before I went there. Even if you choose a provider who is “in-network” with your insurance company, you could still be responsible for an amount over and above your co-pay. If a provider has a contract with an insurance company, the provider and the insurance company negotiate an allowed amount for each service. If your provider is truly looking out for the patient’s health and not necessarily their bottom-line, they will not go over the negotiated amount. After I first consulted with my insurance company to make sure the Frederick Allergy & Asthma Center was in-network, I had an initial consultation with the doctor. At this appointment I was given instructions regarding the serum regiment and how my insurance worked with the regiment. I was informed that I was responsible only for my co-pay; everything else would be covered by my insurance. I then signed the form trusting this provider. After only two visits, I received a bill for $1,500. The office produced double the serum that my insurance company and the provider agreed upon. When I initially contacted my insurance company, I was told by numerous people that we were “balance billed” and we weren’t responsible for the $1,500. This led to many unreturned phone calls (I left voicemails) to the Allergist’s billing office. I finally spoke to the receptionist who told me they hadn’t received any of our voicemails (not true – I have the Verizon bill with the date, time and total time of call). She also told me that they would take the $1,500 directly out of our bank account. I immediately contacted my bank and froze the account. In the meantime, the insurance company conducted an investigation and changed their stance on the responsibility of the overproduction of the serum; because I had signed the form, I was responsible for the bill. Things then went from bad to worse. When I called the provider and asked to set up monthly billing, I was instructed that I’d have to go into the office and sign paperwork. When I asked what they deemed an appropriate amount per month, they told me that I’d have to pay $250 a month and that if the bill wasn’t paid off in six months, they would turn me over to a collection’s attorney. I asked for a lesser amount per month and they stuck with the $250/six month rule. This communication was all done through the front desk woman (who was extremely hostile and dismissing). The billing person (who is also the office supervisor) never did call me back. Bottom line: This office is not there for their patients, it’s purely a money making business. I believe they purposefully offer very little and confusing communication. I have been to plenty of doctor’s offices over the years and can honestly say I’ve never encountered the hostility and unprofessionalism that this office has demonstrated. Reviews on other sites show a clear pattern of patient mistreatment.

Posted on June 13th, 2017

Other than the combativeness of the doctor, everything else is good. Unfortunately that is enough for me to leave a bad review. I'm often asked who I see and I always have to caveat it with "but I don't recommend her."

Do not go HERE

Posted on November 18th, 2015

Dr. Hunter has a horrible bedside manner, is very condescending and does not think of her patients overall well-being. Their billing staff is not knowledgeable and she she cannot keep a steady group of employees either. It takes a lot for me to be fed up but I have finally transferred my son's care out of that office after dealing with several issues there.

Posted on September 1st, 2015

She is a real piece of work. She seems passionate about allergies, but has no people skills and is very rude and condescending. I usually don't go out of my way to review anything, but she is a terrible person. Find a different allergist in Frederick.

Posted on February 6th, 2015

This practice is great and I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Hunter and her staff. Wonderful and helpful!!

Posted on January 28th, 2015

I've been a patient of Dr. Hunter's for a few years now and have been receiving allergy shots. I was reading the reviews and I could not believe what some of these people were saying. Dr. Hunter is a very nice person and she has actually become even nicer since I started my allergy shots she can be very cold and abrut at times but don't we all? Dr. Hunter has changed her staff in the past but I think right now she has the great combo all the nurses are very nice and helpful and actually relay my messages to her when I have a question. I definitely recommend her to everyone who is having issues with their allergies.

They refused to see my daughter

Posted on November 19th, 2013

An employee misinformed me and now Dr. Hunter refuses to see my two year old daughter due to what they call "protocol." They just keep telling me that that employee is no longer with hem. Okay, that's great, but not my problem. It's funny, I had such a high opinion of Dr. Hunter and her level of expertise and had referred multiple new patients to her practice, but now I wouldn't recommend her to my worst enemy. Her bedside manner leaves much to be desired and her staff is difficult, at best. I hope she can sleep well at night, because I will tell everyone about my horrible experience. There are many other allergists in Frederick. Pick someone else.

Posted on November 8th, 2013

The office is clean, the employees are helpful and nice and the doctor is on point when it comes to allergies. The shots are slightly more painful than my old allergists, but they are so much more effective.

Posted on September 10th, 2012

Dr. Hunter is a very caring person with a sense of humor and tells it to you straight. My allergy symptoms have completely dissipated (because I am following the treatment religiously). Very good doctor !

Go somewhere else...

Posted on April 28th, 2012

It's true that a doctor doesn't have to be a friend but at least the doctor can be friendly, professional and seem to care. This doctor just belittles and interrupts you. You are allowed no input, nor will she listen to your concerns. It is basically, I'm the doctor, here are your meds, follow this regimen, don't question me. One nurse is friendly, the others are horrible. On the plus side, the receptionists are very nice.

Nice doctor

Posted on March 1st, 2012

I see a lot of complaints about this doctor and almost did not go to my appointment because of what I was reading in the commentaries. However, my head felt like is was about to explode from sinus pressure, and my nose was running all the time, so I had to see somebody.You know what! she is a little brash and abrupt when talking to you, and she does cut you off sometime when you're talking. I can guarantee you that she would never be someone that I would make friends with just based on my visit; but, guess what! I did not go there to make friends, I did not go because I had nothing better to do in the middle of the day and wanted something to do. I went because she is a specialist at alleviating allergy problems, and I had real problems with my allergies. She did the test, diagnose the problem, and gave me some good drugs that solved my problems. End of visit.If you're looking for a buddy or friend... try facebook or a dating club, or even a bar. This is a doctors office, and they are not there to be your friend and talk nice to you. Get over yourselves.

Posted on December 6th, 2010

Staff was courteous enough, nurse was very nice. Dr. Hunter had no bedside manner and for a pediatric allergist was not particularly good at relating to my 4 year old. She almost seemed uncomfortable around children and was rather condescending to me. We'll be looking for another allergist!