Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lourdes R Prieto
Dr. Lourdes R Prieto, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cleveland, OH. She has 31 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatrics. Dr. Prieto is affiliated with Cleveland Clinic Childrens Hospital For Rehabilitation. Dr. Prieto has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Lourdes R Prieto has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Lourdes R Prieto has the following 17 expertise
- Heart Block
- Percutaneous Arterial Septic Defect (ASD) Closure
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Heart Catheterization
- Ventricular Septal Defects
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Mitral Valve Stenosis
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Aortic Coarctation
- Heart Failure
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
Dr. Lourdes R Prieto is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Prieto is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsThe Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH
Dr. Lourdes R Prieto is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.