Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Loutfi S Aboussouan
Dr. Loutfi S Aboussouan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cleveland, OH. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Aboussouan is affiliated with Hutzel Womens Hospital and DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital - University Health Center. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Loutfi S Aboussouan has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.<br>These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Loutfi S Aboussouan has the following 14 expertise
- Angiographic Visualization
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Chest Infection
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
Dr. Aboussouan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
American University Of Beirut
Graduated in 1985
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Dr. Loutfi S Aboussouan Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Loutfi S Aboussouan's office for more information.
9500 Euclid Ave Cleveland, OH : (216) 444-0420
More about Dr. Loutfi S Aboussouan
Loutfi S. Aboussouan, MD, FCCP, was born in Beirut, Lebanon. He has been a Staff Physician in the Respiratory Institute of Cleveland Clinic since 2003. He has also been a Staff Physician in the Neurological Institute since 2007. He is board-certified in pulmonary disease, critical care medicine and sleep medicine. His interests include general pulmonary medicine, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, neuromuscular diseases, sleep medicine, long-term ventilator care and teaching. He has been the Director of Pulmonary Curriculum for the second-year class of the Cleveland Clinic Lerner School of Medicine since 2006. Dr. Aboussouan received College Teaching Awards at Wayne State University in Detroit, Mich., in 1999 and 2003. He has been elected by his peers as one of the Best Doctors in America since 2001. He has been listed in the "Top Docs" issue of Cleveland magazine since 2006. He has several publications in the fields of pulmonary and sleep medicine, and is a reviewer for several scientific journals.
Locations & DirectionsTHE CLEVELAND CLINIC, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Loutfi S Aboussouan, MD - Pulmonary Disease in Cleveland, OH, in this video.
Dr. Loutfi S Aboussouan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.