Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lovie D Bey has the following 1 specialty
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
Dr. Lovie D Bey has the following 4 expertise
- Interventional Oncology
Dr. Lovie D Bey has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Bey assisted my husband while he was seriously ill and in the hospital. She was gentle, compassionate, and clearly competent. She patiently listened to his medical history, she clearly explained a plan for his treatment in understandable language, and set up immediate testing and procedures to address his medical distress which put him on a path to recovery. Ww are so grateful to her for her expertise and assistance and look forward to her continued care of my husband. THANK YOU, DR. BEY
Dr. Bey is very neglectful of her patients. If you call for a question, dont expect to get an answer anytime soon. This Doctor is not bed side friendly at all. We were going in for chemo treatments and we didn't see Dr. Bey for over 2 months. And when I called to see if we could see another doctor, they told me no. Also, no one returned my calls and we were told that everything was fine when really nothing was fine. The wrong treatments were given and this was the worst experience that I have ever come in contact with.
Dr. Bey is like no doctor I have ever met. Her casual way made our family at ease with her. Our father was diagnosed with Acute Leukemia (AML)and six weeks before his diagnosis our mother passed away. She sat down with us, never rushed us and let us ask as many questions as possible. She told us she would (and did) do everything to make our dad comfortable but she was very worried about my brother and his health. She did not just see a patient, she saw an entire family in pain and her comfort let us know that our father was in good hands. Thank you Dr. Bey.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2013, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
24 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Lovie D Bey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
Locations & DirectionsSw Oncology, 1 Mercado St Ste 100, Durango, CO
Dr. Lovie D Bey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Durango, CO.