Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lowell F Inhorn Jr
Dr. Lowell F Inhorn Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Roanoke, VA. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Hematology and Hematology & Oncology. Dr. Inhorn is affiliated with Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Lowell F Inhorn Jr has the following 4 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Hematology & Oncology
Dr. Lowell F Inhorn Jr has the following 21 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Lung Cancer
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Clinical Research
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Blood Cancer
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
Dr. Lowell F Inhorn Jr has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Lowell F Inhorn Jr is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I was referred to a hematologist by my PCP for a blood disorder. We were thinking that he would try to find the cause of my problem. WRONG!! He told me that my disorder was not "bad enough" to require more diagnosis. Two other doctors thought that is was, and the blood institute in SC states that the high elevation of ferritin is cause for concern. I do not have confidence in anyone with his attitude. This is the poorest so-called health care that I have ever experienced.
Dr. Inhorn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Michael Reese Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Lowell F Inhorn Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
Locations & DirectionsCarilion Clinic Cancer Center, 2013 Jefferson St SW, Roanoke, VA
Dr. Lowell F Inhorn Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Roanoke, VA.