Dr. Lowell Kabnick Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Lowell Kabnick?

Highly Recommended

Posted on January 19th, 2017

Dr. Kabnick is a terrific doctor. He gave me the time and attention that I needed and had a wonderful bedside manner. I had a wonderful experience and my legs look beautiful!

The Best!

Posted on January 19th, 2017

Great experience, beginning to end. Dr. Kabnick is an exceptional doctor, very compassionate and takes the time to explain and answer any questions. I highly recommend him!

Best Doctor

Posted on February 9th, 2015

Excellent, outstanding, caring, doctor and an expert in his field.

Great Doctor

Posted on April 15th, 2013

I have seen several MDs with my venous condition-leg ulcer and varicose veins. I have had several recurrent ulcers very quickly; however being treated by Dr. Kabnick, I have not had a recurrence. The pain in my leg is all but gone. He is great and so is his staff. What a pleasant experience.

Great MD

Posted on January 21st, 2013

I am a very busy excutive but I needed to comment. He is simply amazing. I went to him for my spider veins after trying several MDs who failed. He came highly recommended as a vein expert as he is Director of the NYU Vein Center. When he entered, he had a gentle and kind presence. Since he has medical students and MDs from all over the world coming to learn, you can expect from time to time that they will be present. His staff does ask if it is ok. He was explaining the process to me in lay terms that made me feel very comfortable. When asked how many sessions of injections it would take to clear the spider veins, he gave me a thorough explanation. He stated that he would test me first to see how I would respond and then could better answer my questions. My results were excellent. I was so relieved.

Condescending manner was off-putting

Posted on July 3rd, 2012

I have never written a doctor review before, but my experience this morning has motivated me. I went to see Dr. Kabnick for a spider veins consultation. He came into the examination room with two medical students and an assistant. I was actually okay with having the students there, but it would have been courteous to ask if it was ok with the patient rather than simply assume, since the doctor proceeded to hold a mini-class with the students, quizzing them, etc. I asked a few questions, and he answered them, although I found his answers vague and indirect. When I asked how many injections and when I could hope to see results, he ridiculed me for having unrealistic expectations -- but I had only posed a question and had not said a word about my expectations. I got the distinct impression that he had an extremely high opinion of himself (I am being kind here), which alone, would not have put me off. But the outsized ego combined with the condescension he displayed made the session very uncomfortable for me. Before I left the office, I had one last question which I had forgotten to ask in the exam room. He popped his head in, gave me another cryptic answer that the assistant had to explain later in better English, and his parting shot was, in a tone of utter sarcasm: "I wish I could talk more with you but I have a patient on the operating table." Who needs that? I left feeling badly treated and disrespected. Is he good at what he does? I won't be going back to him so I cannot say for sure. But with so many highly competent doctors out there who are also respectful of their patients, why waste your time with someone like this? When I went to pay at the front desk, I asked if there were any other doctors in the office who could treat me, and the staff recommended a "terrific" nurse who comes in to perform sclerotherapy at a much more reasonable rate and with a far more respectful (I can only assume) manner. I'll be going to her.

Posted on May 12th, 2011

Seems very knowledgeable, but Dr. Kabnick required several visits to determine a course of treatment. This seemed excessive to me, especially since I sought a second opinion and diagnosis and treatment options were done in one visit. Needless to say, I opted for (successful) vascular surgery with the second doctor.

Posted on November 3rd, 2016