Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lowell D Nickel has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Lowell D Nickel has the following 15 expertise
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bone Fracture
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Surgery
- Herniated Disc
Dr. Lowell D Nickel has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 19
I had surgery two years ago with a different ortho doctor in Yuba City. Immediately after that surgery I was in worse pain than before the surgery. After many sessions of physical therapy, shots, and pain meds, I was still no better off. Finally I went to see Dr. Nickel. He gave me a prompt diagnosis, listened to what I was saying and surgically corrected the problem. Now nearly 5 weeks later, I am almost pain free and able to do things I hadn't been able to in 2 years. I even sent my son to him. On the other hand, I was not too thrilled with Oroville hospital. While the recovery nurses were fabulous, I was not impressed with the post care nurse nor the anesthesiologist. Had a complication waking up from surgery that caused difficulty breathing and his response was, "You'll be fine in an hour, suck it up". Even the nurses in recovery seemed mortified.
this doctor has done a horrible job with me in the past 9 months he has done 4 surgerys on me!! and am waiting for surgery #5!!!! on the first surgery he put a screw in my ankle that chewed half way threw the bone in my foot and within a week he had to go back in and remove that screw and put 2 in with a plate...he left them in for 3 months then removed the 2 screws but left the plate then 2 months latter he went back in and replaced the 2 screws !!!and now 1 is too long and is trying to poke out of the skin and the other is backed half way out!!!! and i have been exsperiancing sever pain in my ankle that is bone pain!! and he seems trully indifferant about it and has continued cutting my pain meds...i am at wits end with this guy! and no other doctor will touch me cause they dont want to be held liable...what do i do?
Dr Nickel has operated on both my knees and has done an excellent job. I would reccomend him to anyone needing orthopedic surgery.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Nickel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Dr. Lowell D Nickel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOroville Orthopedic Clinic, 2809 Olive Hwy Ste 230, Oroville, CA
Dr. Lowell D Nickel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oroville, CA.