Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Luan S Oconnor has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Luan S Oconnor has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Luan S Oconnor has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 46
I was with Dr. O'conner for years as a family doctor.. but as soon as I developed more serious medical conditions she had her secratary turn me away and tell me not to come back Dr. O'conner refused to talk to me herself or offer any explanation People should know before seeing Dr. O'conner that she is banned from Medina hospital so if you go to their emergency room she is not allowed to be your doctor while you are there
Although the Dr. was listed in my Anthem/Blue Cross book they refused at first to see me. (Even though I had called ahead). Once there, I called Blue Cross and got the proper codes, and they reluctantly accepted me. I was in the office and filling out paperwork. Only two others came in while I did that and were seen ahead of me. Nevertheless, I waited more than 2 hours to see the Doctor. She admitted they had called some hot line to check to see if I was a "drug abuser going from Dr. to Dr."...before she'd talk to me. I am a 65 year old women who certainly doesn't look like a drug user. I had put on my form I was holistically oriented. (Drug user?) Big mistake. She spoke to me in a condescending tone. I was given a steroid shot for foot pain. When we discussed my acid reflux she immediately wanted to schedule me for Gall Bladder surgery. No exam, no tests, no change of diet...just yank that puppy out. No way. I paid $25.00 Copay. I also got an extra bill above the Medicare payment she received of $131.29, for $20.32. I was emotionally abused and will never ever go back. Even still, I have to pay the balance of this bill. I left feeling much sicker than when I arrived. It was like being in a battle. Horrible experience for me.
This was the worst experience I have ever had at a doctors office. The staff was very rude and unhelpful...I was there with my young son and I completely understood that it was a walk in clinic and was willing to wait but after waiting in the room for 50 minutes my son was getting a little fussy and he was not feeling well to begin with, so I decided to walk with him back out to the front desk just to see how much longer they thought it would be before the doctor would be with us, they just looked at me like I shouldn't be asking them and rudely said soon! 15 minutes later when I did see the doctor she was also extremely rude and in a hurry. She commented on the fact that I had state funded insurance and said "I was lucky I got in because they don't pay the doctors crap!" I was so shocked I could not believe how unprofessional this place was!
Dr. Oconnor is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Luan S Oconnor accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMedical Care Associates, 111 W Reagan Pkwy, Medina, OH
Dr. Luan S Oconnor is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Medina, OH.