Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Luann L Chen
Dr. Luann L Chen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Seattle, WA, with another office in Sammamish, WA. She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Clinical Informatics and Family Medicine. Dr. Chen is affiliated with Evergreen Hospital Medical Center. Dr. Chen has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Luann L Chen has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Informatics
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Came in with concerns regarding some personal issues, and received horrible feedback. Not only was doctor uncaring to what I had to say, but also quote in exact words " I don't care what other doctors have said, but what your explanation is not how it's suppose to be" I explained to the doctor symptoms I was having and she blew me off with that's not true nothing happens like that. I told her It's my body and i know what I'm going through, even with that, she still refuses to believe me. And pretty much pushed me out the door by prescribing a stronger medication without fully explaining why things are happening the way they do. If you can avoid seeing this doctor I would, she is a waste of your time and money. She will only make you feel worse about your health issues/
I've been going to Dr Chen for over three years now. She is an awesome doctor. She is professional, caring, kind, and knowledgeable. She really makes you feel like a person, not just the next patient, and I feel as though I can talk to her about any medical issue. When my lady friends ask me if I know the name of a good doctor, I always recommend her.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Chen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Luann L Chen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Providence Swedish WA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Luann L Chen in this video.
Dr. Luann L Chen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seattle, WA.