Dr. Lubna Naeem Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Lubna Naeem?

A Thoughtful Take On This Doctor

Posted on November 7th, 2017

Obviously, there are mixed reviews on Dr. Naeem and I'd like to offer a view that's not as polarized. I *strongly* suspect that what goes on is Lubna mirrors the personality type of those who come see her, and the issue there is that lots of people are very business-like or even scared/nervous when they go to the doctor. Having made it a point to be upbeat and lighten the day of everyone at Lubna's office whenever I go, I've always related well to everyone there and found that the doctor herself was much brighter and personable as a result. She seems like a genuinely sweet, caring lady to me...but I think she has to know you want to see the more social side of her. With the caveat that I am generally well and don't go to her that often, I've found she has a reasonable amount of time for me whenever I do. This was my primary reason for switching to her, as my previous doctor would literally keep his hand on the doorknob of the examining room and become palpably annoyed whenever I tried to ask a question before he left. So maybe the bar was set pretty low here, but regardless, I don't at all see from Lubna and her staff the social issues that some of the others here have observed. Since Lubna is a one-woman show, the wait times can get out of hand. I proactively took that issue by the horns and they've since been very accommodating. As far as diagnoses, Lubna has been correct more often than any other doctor our family has seen in the last seven years. Others have been *appallingly* errant more often than not. The few times I've gone to a specialist, they corroborated Lubna's initial assessment. Finally...the billing stuff is something we'd all better get used to until things change with health care in this country. Again, take proactive control up front with any HCPs you visit and demand that they tell you up front what they're going to bill you for and how much it'll be.

Posted on June 3rd, 2016

I have had very good care from Dr Naeem. She has sent me to Dr David Marks for pulmonary issues and he is excellent as well.

bad

Posted on May 12th, 2016

She was rude. She seem to be in a hurry do not go to this dr,

TERRIBLE DOCTOR

Posted on January 5th, 2016

Terrible!! She was rude. She seem to be in a hurry, didn't care to answer my questions. She appears to be bitter and resentful with life, looks like a very unhappy person. Rude, egocentric. Don't go with her!

Do not go there

Posted on December 1st, 2014

She is not the doctor if you have health issues. She is interested in selling you beauty products.

Posted on October 21st, 2013

I am new to San Antonio and needed to see a doctor about birth control (nexplanon specifically). I found Dr. Naeem online and called to schedule an appointment. I must say when I called the first time it should have been a sign, it was 4:30pm and I was sent to the after hours line, the posted hours on the website were until 5:00pm; however, I just thought maybe they had something going on that day. I called back the next day and received an answer then placed on hold for 12 minutes, again I choose to hold to schedule. I was surprised that I was able to get in so quickly (the ONLY positive in the whole experience). When scheduling I told the receptionist the reason I wanted to come in, including the nexplanon and she proceeded to schedule my appointment. I arrived the day of my appointment at 1:15 pm for my 1:30 pm appointment and completed the paperwork by 1:30pm. At 2:00 I was still in the waiting room so I informed the receptionist that I needed to be out by 2:30 pm and if need be I would reschedule. She informed me that I was the only one there and I would definitely be out by 2:30 pm. I was then called back the nurse took my weight, temperature, and blood pressure and I sat there, fully dressed until 2:20 pm. That's when I went out to reschedule and I was told "She is on her way in right now." At 2:24 the doctor came in. I told her why I was there and she said "How about the depo shot? Do you want that?" I was confused because I know exactly what I want, so I told her "No." Then she said "Well, you need to see an OB, I'll get you a referral." To say the least I was very upset because I had wasted an hour and 15 minutes of my time which is very valuable. When I went to check out at 2:33 pm I was charged a co-pay. At the time I was running late to get my children off the bus so I told them my frustrations and left. I called back once I got home and asked about how they were going to charge my insurance because I would be challenging the claim, after placing me on hold for 7 minutes she came back to the phone and told me that they were just going to void the whole transaction, copay and all. I would NEVER suggest going to this provider, you can take your own weight, temperature and blood pressure in the comfort of your own home.

worst ever

Posted on July 12th, 2013

Unprofessional, rude, inaccurate diagnosis, and literally the worst experience with a medical professional of my life.

Horrible...No recommendation here...

Posted on October 18th, 2012

I had 1 appointment with Dr. Naeem, and that was enough! When I scheduled my appointment the nurse/receptionist was very nice, and I was excited to see her. When I was seen by Dr. Naeem she spent all of 10 minutes with me if that. She asked me very general questions about my health, but seemed uninterested. I felt like she judged me for my form of birth control and weight. I asked her to fill out a very simple physical form for my insurance, she told me they should get the results from my bloodwork in 2 days and then she would send them off. 3 weeks later my insurance still had not received the form! I called the office to ask what the hold up was, the girl who answered the phone seemed rushed and rude and told me she would tell the nurse. I called back two days later, the form still hadnt even been signed by the doctor!!! Even though they have been ready for over 3 weeks. I was livid. Now since the doctor was out of the office, I had to wait another day for them to be sent off.

No time for small talk...

Posted on March 8th, 2012

Very poor bedside manner, not personable. Lacking social skills. She spent less than 10 minutes to discuss 2 or 3 issues, and included what seemed like a "once over" physical exam. I felt so rushed, my heart was racing. She left the room so abruptly, shouting, "I need to wash my hands", that I didn't realize the visit was over. (There was a sink in the room... ) She is the only doctor at this clinic, but there were 5 people in the waiting room at a time, so I wonder if they double book appointments to get more people in and out. Seemed like a revolving door while I was waiting. I didn't even bother to pick up the prescription, because it was such a weak attempt at a diagnosis, just to get me to come back in two weeks. And I'll take my x-rays somewhere else. Also, this clinic is apparently more of a med-spa, geared towards botox type customers. I was really looking for more of a good primary doctor who would take the time to listen to my concerns.

Best SA Doctor

Posted on September 4th, 2011

i was very impressed with Dr. Lubna Naeem. She truly wants to help is is very qualified. I went for a simple rash and she asked me "is anything else bothering you?". She proceeded to investigate and treat everything I mentioned. She is a 5 star doctor!

Posted on June 11th, 2010

Wait, can be long. Office staff nice when in person. However speaking with staff with a follow up question or requests by phone are either never answered or I have to continue to follow-up.

Posted on December 5th, 2009

I appreciate the personal care that I have received from the entire staff at Dr. Naeem's clinic. Dr. Naeem spends the time necessary to make a proper diagnosis, she takes the time to explain everything to you in great detail in order that you will understand.I will recommend this facility to anyone who is looking for a new Doctor.