Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lucia Alvarez
Dr. Lucia Alvarez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in North Bergen, NJ, with other offices in North Bergen, NJ and Edgewater, NJ . She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Pulmonary Disease. Dr. Alvarez is affiliated with Holy Name Hospital, Palisades Medical Center and Hackensack University Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Lucia Alvarez has the following 1 specialty
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Alvarez began treating my husband 15 years ago when he was hospitalized with CHF. She worked to get him off oxygen and functioning on his own and provided excellent monitoring and care since then. She is caring, attentive to detail and communicates well with us and with his other doctors. I strongly recommend her!
Dr. Alvarez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Holy Name Hospital
Palisades Medical Center
Hackensack University Medical Center
Meadowlands Hospital Medical Center
28 Years Experience
Universidad De Monterrey
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Lucia Alvarez accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lucia Alvarez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Bergen, NJ.