Dr. Lucia Cies Is this you?

6 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. Lucia Cies?

Dr. needs to educate her assistant

I didn't see Dr. Cies, I saw her Physician's Assistant about hormone replacement, as I was going through menopause. Her PA is extremely poorly informed about hormones and certain symptoms of menopause. Although my symptoms were quite ordinary and typical (insomnia, for one), she said my case was beyond the doctor's expertise, and that I should see a psychiatrist. I told her this was a medical problem, not a mental health one, and all I needed was a hormone prescription, and monitoring for dosage, as is the usual procedure. She told me the sex hormones have nothing to do with sleep (!! How could she not know they ARE the sleep hormones??!!), and refused to help me. I have no idea if Dr. Cies is more knowledgeable than this ignorant nurse, but I hope so. In any case, I didn't go back to find out, as I couldn't bear facing her PA again. She needs to take a class in hormone replacement and the function of women's hormones.