Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lucia G Dias-Hoff has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Preventive Medicine
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 14
There doesn't seem to be any communication between the Dr. and the office girl. I was told I needed to make an apt so I could get a lab sheet so I could take to the lab then make another apt to review the results. Almost impossible to get a referral after multiple calls. Still waiting for a prescription to be sent to the pharmacy 5 days with several calls and faxes from myself and the pharmacy. I just switched to this Dr. and was never once asked for files from my past Dr.
This doctor and office people and that's all they are office people. are no good they lie they don't care about their patients .When we call and ask to talk to the doctor the so called office people say that we cannot talk to the doctor but that is to cover the mistakes they make with the patients .They are worthless
OH MY GOSH Dr. Dias-Hoff is horrible! Her office sucks just as much as she does---they delayed in getting paperwork to lab for my tests, there was no communication between the lab and the doctor's office. She also didn't ask for all the tests that were necessary and that we discussed during my visit which resulted in incomplete tests and then her office had the audacity to demand that I go back to the lab to complete my tests when they submit new forms. Worst of all, she's horrendous...she wasn't fully there during my appointment, pretty much asked me to diagnose myself, I'm pretty sure she struggles with conversational English, and she doesn't even know what anemia is...when I told her I have a history of anemia, she looked at me like I was speaking French and NO JOKE...I had to explain anemia to her!!!! What the!! what sort of an effing doctor doesn't know these things! Good Lord...go back to med school and maybe don't forge your degree this time. Needless to say, I'm going to a more competent doctor now, someone I'm not ashamed to call Doctor. to make things worse, wait time was long even after I was early for my appointment.
St Josephs Hospital
Dr. Lucia G Dias-Hoff accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lucia G Dias-Hoff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fall River, MA.