Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lucia F Ferreras-Cox has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Ferreras-Cox was my family pediatrician when we resided in Florida in the mid 1990's. The first time she examined my step son she was able to determine that he snored, had an issue with rubbing his nose and had problems focusing. She determined that he had allergies based on lines she noticed on his nose and prescribed a nasal spray. A week later all of he issues resolved themselves. She also helped me when my son was a newborn by telling me that every child is different and that if I thought something was wrong to go with my instincts. I questioned my son's bowel movement irregularity and Dr. Ferreras-Cox listened. We got the help my son needed. When my son had rotovirus, Dr. Ferreras-Cox sat with me at the hospital and explained everything to me in a way I understood. I also love that whenever she examined the children she spoke to them in a kind manner. She would play with my son and make him giggle. Many doctors simply do a job. Her bedside manner is impeccable. Anyone that has her for a pediatrician is very blessed. She understood my fears as a new mom and never ever made me feel like I was wasting her time. I would recommend her to anyone. If I had known she was only 5 hours from me (I currently reside in California) I would have scheduled my son's yearly physicals with her, that is how wonderful I feel she is as a doctor. The reviews I give on her office visits are based upon my experience in Florida and not on her current location. But I have a feeling that her office staff is just as wonderful as the staff she had in Florida.
33 Years Experience
Universidad Central Del Caribe
Graduated in 1985
Univ Ped Hosp
Dr. Lucia F Ferreras-Cox accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lucia F Ferreras-Cox is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.