Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lucian P Bednarz has the following 1 specialty
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Nerve Damage
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Surgery Recovery
- Chronic Pain
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
My wife went to Dr. Bednarz for an IME (Independent Medical Evaluation) paid for by our insurance company. My wife was injured in an auto accident and the insurance company wanted to stop paying the expenses of her injury so they hired Dr. Bednarz to write an evaluation. He was rude from the moment he entered the room. He spent about 15 minutes with my wife. (I was present because my wife is Chinese and doesn't speak English.) In his evaluation report he claimed he spent 45 minutes. He asked her about 7 questions about where she felt pain. In his report he claimed he asked 18 questions. He then concluded that my wife showed "symptom exaggeration," based on those 7 questions he asked about her lower back, which has been extremely painful for over a year. He claimed to have studied the medical evidence, but never asked to see all the MRIs, Xrays and other material we had brought in. He neglected to mention the compressed vertebrae that one hospital and two doctors had seen, and instead stressed that her ribs injuries had healed. He then recommended that medical treatment be discontinued and she take care of herself at home by doing exercises. Of course, insurance companies pay doctors to make such recommendations. In short, Dr. Bednarz is a gun for hire, and he violated professional ethics big time by lying about how much time he spent with us, lying about studying the medical reports (he didn't see them), and making absolute judgments that the patient should discontinue treatment without benefit of seeing her charts. I plan on making a complaint about him to the PA licensing board.
Dr. Bednarz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Temple University Health System
Dr. Lucian P Bednarz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNortheastern Rehabilitation Associates, 5 Morgan Hwy Ste 4, Scranton, PA
Dr. Lucian P Bednarz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scranton, PA.