Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lucie M Lauve has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Lucie M Lauve has the following 12 expertise
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson Disease
- Essential Tremor
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Movement Disorders
- Migraine Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Dr. Lucie M Lauve is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 48
She's a great doctor but she doesn't spend much time with you. She does what she has to and is out the door. This is unfortunate because she's very knowledgeable.
I saw Dr. Lauve for first time yesterday after a several month wait time. It was well worth it! There is a good reason she has a long wait list...many people must love her. She spent more time with me than any other doctor has. She listened to me and gave me all the time to needed. She was very kind and understanding and, of course, knowledgeable. She was fully interested in my medical history. She gave me an idea of what she thinks my issue is, but is bringing me back quickly to do further tests to confirm and rule out everything. I am so glad my doctor picked her to refer me to. I truly feel am in good hands.
Dr. Lauve is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1991
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Dr. Lucie M Lauve accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana North Carolina PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNovant Health Winston Neurology, 1492 Rymco Dr, Winston Salem, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lucie M Lauve in this video.
Dr. Lucie M Lauve is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winston Salem, NC.