Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lucille Shore-Schein has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lucille Shore-Schein has the following 14 expertise
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Thyroid Diseases
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
Dr. Lucille Shore-Schein has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
Never been treated so poorly from a physican! During the Q&A she rushed through the questions that I could barely gather my thoughts or answers. She spoke so fast during one question that I asked her to repeat it, because I didn't hear it all, so she raised her voice and repeated it in a condescending manner. When I mentioned to her that I felt rushed and belittled for speaking to me that way, she flipped out on me. She opened the door and yelled out to have someone finish my questions and she walked out of the room. I proceeded to leave the appointment at that time. Very unprofessional and not a way a doctor should behave!
During my 1st visit (30 mins) Dr Shore-Schein DID NOT LOOK AT ME ONCE ! (No exaggeration). She spent the whole time entering data in her computer (which I know is necessary but so is establishing a HUMANE contact with your patient). Got out of there swearing I would never go back. Being an adult, I thought I would give her another chance. Glad I did. Her demeanor was entirely different the second time. Docs are human too. We all have bad days. BUT they should NEVER forget that the patients are IN genuine PAIN and a little humanity goes a long way.
20 Years Experience
St Georges University
Graduated in 1998
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMarino Center, 2500 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lucille Shore-Schein in this video.
Dr. Lucille Shore-Schein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cambridge, MA.