Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lucy J Brown has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
Showing 5 of 11
Worst psych I've ever had. She treated me like an experiment and tried to fit my case to her interests. Talked more than I did and sometimes over me. Poor choices for medications, and when I went to a very reputable doctor after she hurt me, he was not surprised. She may work for you, but please advocate for yourself and be aware that she can be very damaging.
She goes beyond any doctor I ever met. Yes she is not the type that looks at her watch and saids hour over and leaves you in a dilema as so many do. Its not for the money either she charges less than another doctor I see of 5 -10 minutes for recheck. Yes at times you might have to wait a little longer in waiting room. You know she is working with someone intensly and needs her. That is what you call a doctor. Understanding her patients are with this becuase mostly everyone needs her longer at least once or more over the timed scheule. She never ever rushes you out of that office. I always tell her if it was not for her I would not know what to do and so so very proud of myself with her as my guardian angel. I found me again and she worked hard with me, and I appreciate it every day of my life. She is the number 1 doctor around
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Rhode Island Hospital
Dr. Lucy J Brown accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFunctional Mind, 144 Waterman St, Providence, RI
Dr. Lucy J Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Providence, RI.