Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lucy Burciaga has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Kidney Disease
- Weight Loss
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 5 of 35
My father in law has seen Dr. Burciaga 2 times. The first visit she seemed somewhat interested, she said a Physical Therapist would be contacting us as well as a Nutritionist.They never contacted us.Today my Father in Law had a Follow up.When we walked into Dr Burciaga's office she was turned away from us facing her computer screen for a few minutes,she did not acknowledge us whatsoever.. When I asked about the Nutritionist & Physical Therapist she said it would not be worth it.I am a little confused because she was the one who recommended it..She was VERY RUDE and No help whatsoever. We will be changing Doctors asap..
Dr. Burciaga is pretty thorough when she is diagnosing a problem, we all need to remember doctors are not miracle workers they are there to help with our illnesses but they can not always make everyone 100% better, I think a lot of us take our doctors for granted and want them to fix or cure our illnesses immediately this is just not reality. Dr. Burciaga has been my doctor for a number of years unfortunately however i have had to change my primary care doctor due to taking a position and only seeing local patients in the area on saturdays and due to no fault of her own it just does not work with my schedule. I do feel that Dr. Burciaga is a very good doctor.
Disbelieves ongoing life-long problems that were diagnosed 6 years prior (MS), and insists on getting an MRI, but due to incompetence of either the doctor or her staff, the orders never get put in. We've waited 2 years for my wife's MRI (which is supposed to be an annual thing), and it still hasn't happened or processed.
29 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
University Hospital South Texas Medical Center
Dr. Lucy Burciaga accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsArizona Oncology, 8290 S Houghton Rd, Tucson, AZ
Dr. Lucy Burciaga is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tucson, AZ.