Dr. Pullatiku L Kumar Is this you?

2.0

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Pullatiku L Kumar?

Very bad bedside manner and lack of understanding

First and last time Dr. Kumar will see my child. From the very beginning of the visit, it was total chaos. She didn't chart any thing, had no idea about the status of my child before jumping to an extremely conclusion which is described below. I had been following the guidance of a lactation consultant for feeding my baby. I was instructed not to give any formula to baby. and just continue breastfeeding until my milk comes in. (Which is ended up flowing a few hours after the visit). Anyways, she accused me of starving and neglecting my baby even though he was still within an acceptable limit of weight loss. This lady would not listen to a single word I said when trying to explain to her I was just following the guidance of the medical professionals I was under the care of while in the hospital after birth. She was very dismissive and extremely disrespectful. Her lack of compassion and horrible bedside manner left me feeling extremely uncomfortable and subhuman. I do not recommend her care to ANYONE. Don't say you were not warned. .

She practices preference not medicine

First and foremost, based on her "beliefs" she will not prescribe any ADHD medication, which is fine I suppose. However my son who is 7 went to see her for the first time today and she refused to refill a mind altering medication that he has been on for several years now. Once I had done some research (on phone while in office) I found that at his age a complete "cold turkey" approach to that medication could be harmful to him. I brought that to her attention to which she replied, you can find someone else that will prescribe ADHD, I do not believe in it. Whether or not she believes in the ADHD is unimportant, what is important is the method in which she wanted to remove him from the medication, just simply dont give him any. Which again, could be harmful to such a small child. Besides that (which is the most important, the safety of my childs health) she was rather rude, would not listen to us (the parents) and even got his physical therapy orders wrong when it was laid out right in front of her by a fellow Dr. . Point is this Dr. is dangerous, and chooses to be ignorant based on beliefs, beliefs that could have endangered our child. A nurse who heard what the Dr. was doing took it upon herself to call a Dr. she knows that is in no way associated with Kumar and asked about the situation, that Dr.'s response was to tell us to get our child out of there ASAP before any damage could be done. Last issue, besides her endangering our child, and obvious rudeness was her lack of acknowledgement that our son not only has a cold (which hey it is that season) but an ear infection as well. Two separate nurses (LPN's) observed the ear infection and noticed the cold symptoms however Kumar (at this point I have a hard time calling her Dr.) didnt even address the redness or noticeable pain our son was in with the ear infection. Best advice could be to just flat out stay away from this Kumar so-called pediatrician. She is biased, rude, and unobservant.

worst doctor ever!

Never take you kid to see her! but if you want to see how bad a doctor can be, give her a visit!

Asthma