Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Luis A Bonilla
Dr. Luis A Bonilla, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Francisco, CA. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Bonilla is affiliated with Seton Medical Center, California Pacific Medical Center - St Luke's Campus and California Pacific Medical Center - California Campus. Dr. Bonilla has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Luis A Bonilla has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 10
My mom has been seeing this "Doctor" for many years and truthfully I dont know why she has seen him for so long. He is completely unprofessional and speaks about religion as a cure for her physical problems. He spends the entire appointment talking about religion and tells my mom her shoulder, back, and neck pain will be cured by praying and following his religion.
6 visits over 9 months with severe headaches, severe pain in left arm and shoulder, numbness in both hands.I was repeatedly told by Dr Bonilla nothing was physically wrong with me. When I challenged his diagnosis he offered me a mental health referal.after seeing another Dr., I have discs in my cervical spine that require surgury, I also have a full length tear in my left rotator-cuff that requires surgery.I don't know if his issue is lack of training, lack of listening to his patients or if it is because he has way too many patients in his practice. At any rate, seeing him was one of the biggest medical disapointments of my life as I am now totally, permanently disabled.
I saw Dr Bonilla six times because I was having severe headaches, severe pain in my left arm and shoulder and numbness in both hands.I have never had a Dr tell me that my symptoms were all in my head, Dr Bonilla was the first and last. When I challenged his diagnosis he offered me a mental health refferal. He said nothing was physically wrong with me.I had to change Doctors to find out that I need surgery on my cervical spine and that my left rotator-cuff has a full length tear.He totally failed to give me the basic care everyone is entitled to.He also runs a very very busy office. I believe that what he runs is referred to as a 'patient mill'. If you disagree with his diagnosis' (or lack of) you should get a second opinion.
I just came home from the service and was looking for a Great doctor to start going to. My family has been seeing Dr. Bonilla for years and they referred me to him. I am so happy that I chose him. I feel safe and comfortable. He makes you feel at ease and doesn't cure everything with prescription pills. My husband liked him so much that he switched over as well.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Bonilla is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Universidad De El Salvador (Uelm)
Dr. Luis A Bonilla accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
Chinese Community Health Plan
- Chinese Community Health Plan
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIntegrated Medical Group, 1580 Valencia St Ste 803B, San Francisco, CA
Dr. Luis A Bonilla is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.