Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Luis A Urrutia has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Luis A Urrutia has the following 8 expertise
- Sports Medicine
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Luis A Urrutia has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Luis A Urrutia is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Urrutia is worth the wait time. He is knowledgable, thorough and an excellent diagnostician. He also takes the time to answer questions and explain at length, once he knows you want to know something. I have been a patient for over 10 years, and have been very glad to have him as my doctor. He doesn't hesitate to refer me to a specialist if one is needed, and his referrals have always been good ones.
Dr Urrutia has been our personal physician for approx 15 yrs. If it were not for him, my husband would have died 4 yrs. ago, due to the error of a surgeon. He did not hesitate to step right in and do what was needed. He spends the time with you and answers all questions. Don't know what we would do without him!!
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Urrutia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mid Hudson Family Health Institute
Dr. Luis A Urrutia accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Luis A Urrutia in this video.
Dr. Luis A Urrutia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bradenton, FL.