Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Luis F Angel has 2 locations
4502 Medical Dr Fl 8
San Antonio, TX 78229
Book Online Now
Dr. Luis F Angel has the following 2 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. Luis F Angel has the following 8 expertise
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Lung Transplantation
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chest Infection
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Luis F Angel - Posted on October 10th, 2011
I have been very happy with Dr. Angel and his staff from the very beginning. I couldn't ask for a better group of people to help me with my illness. Your staff is wonderful. I'm very happy with very one at this clinic. From day one when I first got evaluated to the stay in the hospital and the clinic visits (follow up). Thank You! You and your staff are my angels.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
University Of Texas Health Science
Dr. Luis F Angel Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Luis F Angel's office for more information.
550 1st Ave New York, NY : (212) 263-7300
4502 Medical Dr Fl 8 San Antonio, TX 78229
Locations & Directions
Dr. Luis F Angel is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.