Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Luis F Arango has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Angiographic Visualization
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Very rude staff especially the receptionists and the Dr.'s wife who has no business being there or interfering with patient / doctor relations. Wait time always exceeds 2.5 hours. Seriously needs to consider hiring employees who truly enjoy doing their job and not ones who have bad attitudes , short and rude answers and little to no gratitude for the patients who keep them in business and receiving paychecks. Majority of the medication samples we have been told belong to Mrs. Arango's / Dr.'s wife, so whether he is changing or wanting to try new medications with his patients it is all out of patients pockets since it is rare to almost never do we as patients receives samples.
Several of our friends recommended Dr. Arango to us but warn us of being prepared to wait long and Dr. Arango rushing trhough. My husband and I come to the valley during the winters and have been staying longer due to health problems. Doctor Arango's office opens at 8:30 but usually he doesn't arrive till 10:00a.m. The office staff say he first stops at 3 or 4 different hospitals. When he does come in he is usually already being paged, has patients in every office, hallway, and anything he can use as a room. My husband likes him but has said that at times he seems to arrive upset, rushing, or already looking tired. He has had other doctors, PA's, nurses, and techs working for him but no one stays long. We finally switched doctors after my husband spent half the day there on a follow up which lasted less than 5 minutes with Dr. Arango and only to be given an appointment to another follow up in a couple of months.
Dr. Arango is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Universidad De Antioquia
Graduated in 1974
Medical College Of Georgia
Dr. Luis F Arango accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLuis F Arango Md, 104 S Bryan Rd, Mission, TX
Dr. Luis F Arango is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mission, TX.