Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Luis Castellanos
Luis Castellanos, MD,, MPH is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA, with another office in San Diego, CA. He has 10 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Luis Castellanos is affiliated with UC San Diego Medical Center, UC San Diego Thornton Hospital in La Jolla and Ucsd Med Ctr Hillcrest. He speaks Spanish.
Luis Castellanos has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Castellanos is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UC San Diego Thornton Hospital in La Jolla
Ucsd Med Ctr Hillcrest
UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest
Promise Hospital San Diego
Pioneers Memorial Healthcare District
UCSD Medical Center Thornton
UC Davis Medical Center
UC San Diego Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center in La Jolla
10 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 2003
University Of California At San Diego
Luis Castellanos accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Luis Castellanos in this video.
Luis Castellanos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.