Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Luis H Chu has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Luis H Chu has the following 18 expertise
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Blood Cancer
Dr. Luis H Chu has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 30
Dr. Chu is a wonderful oncologist who is smart and thoughtful (most important) and listens carefully to what i have to say. He is also very responsive to my email and voice messages. . Also he's very gentle and soft spoken. I am crazy about him! While i wish I didn't need an oncologist, since i do need one, I'm so glad he's mine. His nurse Sarah is likewise great. Shes very knowledgeable and nice and responsive. And as much as i like her i always see the doctor and her for my appointments, unlike many other Sarasota doctors. It seems impossible to me that anyone would give him a bad review.
I highly recommend Dr. Chu. He cared for my father when he was diagnosed and is now caring for my mother. He is kind, patient, does all that he can to make sure that she is comfortable. He makes sure that you aren't sitting and waiting for your appointment, but doesn't rush through your appointment. You feel that you are getting all of your answers as needed.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
28 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Luis H Chu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFlorida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute Sarasota Downtown, 1970 Golf St, Sarasota, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Luis H Chu in this video.
Dr. Luis H Chu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sarasota, FL.