Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Luis I Delacruz has the following 2 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. Luis I Delacruz has the following 2 expertise
Dr. Luis I Delacruz has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 6
Dr De La Cruz has a wonderful doctor patient relationship with his patients. He listens to all concerns and worries, discusses other things that may be going on with your health. Doesn't play around with treatments or recommending procedures or other doctors if needed. I was having problems, seeing 3 other doctors for 7 months before being referred to him and immediately he had me doing a lung biopsy after seeing a CT scan of my chest. When my other doctor was dragging along in treatment of my Scleroderma and ILD, he recommended seeing a specialist and now I'm getting the care I needed and my health has gotten better. He's still my pulminologist. He's very well informed about my health issues and keeps in contact with the specialists at MUSC about my treatments. I wish more doctors took the time that he does with patients to truly listen to them.
Dr. Delacruz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUpstate Lung And Critical Care Specialists, 151 Harold Fleming Ct, Spartanburg, SC
Dr. Luis I Delacruz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spartanburg, SC.