Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Luis M Fandos
Dr. Luis M Fandos, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Babylon, NY, with other offices in Bay Shore, NY and Bay Shore, NY . He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Fandos is affiliated with Southside Hospital. Dr. Fandos has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Luis M Fandos has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Luis M Fandos has the following 6 expertise
- Spinal Stenosis
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Spinal Fractures
Dr. Luis M Fandos has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Luis M Fandos is Board Certified in 2 specialties
Showing 5 of 70
Dr Fandos has been treating me since 2009 and has done multiple pain management procedures for me. He is the reason that I am able to function with less pain and I am very grateful to him and his staff. He and his PA's and Nurse Practitioner listen to my concerns, answer my questions and they are all very professional. I have already recommended them to some friends and I would recommend them to anyone who is suffering with chronic pain.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Fandos is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
Graduated in 1991
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine
Dr. Luis M Fandos accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Luis M Fandos in this video.
Dr. Luis M Fandos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Babylon, NY.