Dr. Luis M Irizarry Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Luis M Irizarry?

Doctor is professional and knowledgable. Is a good recommendation .

I'm impressed. very good gp

dr irizarry is a great dr

i dont see why there are a few bad reviews, ive seen him for years, once or more a month and he has been amazing, very personable and listens to problems and suggests solutions. never been rude or anything. best dr i have ever had and ive had LOTS.

He's good at renewing prescriptions

I had read all the bad reviews here, so faced my first appointment with him with dread. Yet, he came in and introduced himself, shook my hand, and asked me about renewing prescriptions. I had no tests in a year, so he advised I have the tests immediately, and he could then base the dosage of the medication on test results. Seemed very professional and logical to me. I took the tests, and his assistant called the prescription in with 6 refills. I did not chatter at him like a parakeet. I let him ask the questions and it went fine. I do not have experience being ill and going to him to diagnose the problem though.

Good Doctor, Good Diagnosis, Friendly

I saw Dr. Irizarry this morning and found him to be friendly, interested in my medical history and current condition, and overall very helpful. Dr. Irizarry gave me the correct diagnosis of my condition, prepared prescriptions, and did necessary lab testing with appropriate follow up. I would certainly see him again. I have a long term re-occuring medical condition and he was knowledgable regarding the various types of treatment available to me. Medical service at this facility was efficient and friendly. I will be going to Saguaro Family Practice in the future. I have no problem in giving Dr. Irizarry a four star rating considering my experience with him as a medical doctor and the assistance he provided to me.

I'll never go againbb

I found the doctor dint even diagnoses properly or able to find out the problem when I explained, I have pain in my fingers and toes. He suggested a spinal chord x-ray and blood work. After 2 days the office stuff called me and suggested some medication which is way out of pain that I originally went. I'll never go again.

Maybe I just caught him on a really good day, but I have no complaints whatsoever with Dr. Irizarry. I was recently assigned him as my PCP. I needed to get updated prescriptions for my medications. I was able to get an appt right away. After filling out the paperwork at the office, I would say I waited in the lobby 10 min at most. In the exam room, I waited for him maybe 5 min.He asked me a lot of questions about my medical history. He gave me my new prescriptions and suggested that I have routine blood work done since I had not had it done for a few years. He did not rush the visit and he asked me if I had any questions or concerns. I left his office very satisfied.

Terrible experience...

I have been suffering from some sort of fungal sickness for the better part of a year. I did a candida cleanse and switched to raw foods for 2 months and felt better, but as my body detoxified, my lymph nodes swelled and have not gone down in size much. I saw Dr. Irizarry two days ago to examine my neck and he was UNBELIEVABLY unhelpful. He didn't even feel my neck right where I pointed, instead he brushed over it and I had to insist that he felt for the lymph node again and only then did he feel it. I asked about a blood/urine test for candida overgrowth and he said there were none when a quick google search will tell you that there are many tests for candida. Instead, he went on a 5 minute rant about type 2 diabetes! Really?! I am 21 years old and thin and otherwise healthy and he chose to spend the bulk of the appointment talking about a disease I am clearly not at risk of. He recommended two specialists to look at my neck because he is obviously incompetent when it comes to that region. I saw him a year ago for a similar problem and got similar treatment... TWO STRIKES, HE'S OUT. What a waste of time and money. And what a risk, when peoples' health is on the line! DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR.

Concerned -thorough physician

HORRIBEL DOCTOR

I can't belive this person is a doctor. I am surprises that Saguaro family practice will hire such a incompetent doctor. Out of 15 minutes that usually a doctot spends with a patietn he spent with me 2-3 minutes, the rest he was silently typing on the computer. He priscribed me an antibiotic that was new for me and in 2 days of taking it I start having some bad reations. I called the office and left a message for his medical assistant. I got a call back and the answer of the medical assistan was " the doctor said to stop taking it" . I asked what I am supposed to do - like substitute the antibiotic so my condition get better, go to ER or go back to his office. but no, the answer was again "the doctor said to stop taking it" and that was it. I was shocked.If your health and the health of your family is important to you avoid Dr.Luis Irizarry.

The most insensitive dr I have ever met.

I already knew what my diagnosis going into to see Dr. Izzary but I had not insurance for awile and needed a new IPA. Handed over printed information about my disease, he did not even read it and said he would like to make his own decision. Did not want to hear anything I said. I told him I was thinking about applying for disability and he literally laughed at me stating "please show me how that is a disabilty", he left the room, assistant came back in handing me prescriptions for things that were not even revelant such as anti-depressants, obviously implying something. Wrong pain control pills. When I called to complain, they just gave me some new prescriptions, I don't even think he cared about all the different stuff he tried to put me on.

Incredibly rude doctor!

Dr. Irizarry has no idea what good manners are. I have had a few appointments with him, and he has never properly introduced himself. He never greets me, he never looks up from the chart, he rarely examines me, and he doesn't make eye contact when I speak to him. It seems like he like to treat every one in a very condescending manner. He became infuriated when I mentioned that three separate ER doctors had recommended that I check my blood coagulation on a weekly basis (while taking the potent blood thinner coumadin). He told me that this was entirely unnecessary, and that I should check my blood levels every 3-4 months. When I mentioned that I had even been advised to go to a specialized coumadin clinic every 7-10 days, he sighed with frustration, he stormed out of the room without saying anything, and he never returned. Fifteen minutes later, he sent his assistant so that she could give me the lab orders. His assistant has also warned me that Dr. Irizarry says he will no longer be my provider if I keep listening to what other doctors have advised.

Dr. Luis M Irizarry is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.